All Austin nannies must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- A high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be legal to work in the United States
- Have a valid driver's license AND their own transportation
- Must provide references that the agency and families may contact
- A minimum of 2 years childcare experience (not including children related to them)
- At least one year prior professional experience (prior daycare, nanny, teaching, etc.)
- CPR certified or willing to renew within 30 days of their start date
- Non-Smoker (no exceptions)
Complete Background Checks Include:
- National Registry of Sex Offenders- verifies that they are not a registered sex offender
- Department of Motor Vehicle Record Check - to check for previous tickets and accidents (39 months)
- Verification of Social Security Number - this helps verify the social security number to the applicants name
- Address History Verification - this will confirm every place the candidate has resided in the past 7 years
- Nationwide Criminal History Check - Checks 38 states for criminal history, only updated every 3 months, so we also check by county in addition to this check.
- County Background Check - every county that the candidate has lived in that is not included in the National background check. Every county candidate has lived in for the previous 6 months is also checked.
- Background checks are completed on every permanently and temporary nanny.