Austin Nanny Requirements
All nannies must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- A high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be legal to work in the United States
- Have a valid driver's license AND their own transportation
- Must provide references that the agency and families may contact
- A minimum of 2 years childcare experience (not including children related to them)
- At least one year prior professional experience (prior daycare, nanny, teaching, etc.)
- CPR certified or willing to renew
Complete Background Checks Include:
- National Registry of Sex Offenders- verifies that they are not a registered sex offender
- Department of Motor Vehicle Record Check - to check for previous tickets and accidents (39 months)
- Verification of Social Security Number - this helps verify the social security number to the applicants name
- Address History Verification - this will confirm every place the candidate has resided in the past 7 years
- Nationwide Criminal History Check - Checks 38 states for criminal history, only updated every 3 months, so we also check by county in addition to this check.
- County Background Check - every county that the candidate has lived in that is not included in the National background check. Every county candidate has lived in for the previous 6 months is also checked.
- Background checks are completed on every permanently and temporary nanny.
The Key Benefits of Applying for Nanny Jobs through an Agency:
- Better paying jobs
- Constant support
- Help with benefit negotiations (holiday pay, vacations, etc.)
- Stable income
- Safe work environment
- Save time; apply only once, but get sent to multiple job opportunities
- ITS FREE – All services are free to the nanny. We do not charge you for your background checks.